Thursday, July 06, 2006

Keep Left Right?


Keep left. Keep left. This was my mantra as I drove my rental car from Coolangatta to the Hyatt in Coolum, about a four hour journey. It’s the first time I had to drive on the left and of course the first thing I had to do when I left the rental car lot was to drive through a traffic circle! Well, four traffic circles, a few lefts, a few rights and a little tour of the burbs after a wrong turn and I made it in one piece with no structural damage to me or the car. Impressive. This Hyatt Resort is the most spread out I’ve seen. It has nine swimming pools and an Australian PGA golf course. My room is part of a villa that faces the driving range. My contact is going to give me a golf cart to drive around in! There’s supposedly wild kangaroos on the course so I hope I see some of those. I had a late lunch of lamb on home-made angel hair pasta. Fantastic. My contact says they have their own pastry chef. Great. So much for losing some weight on this trip!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have any kids puke on you today ?... did you get to golf ?... run into anymore killer roos?

kurt

July 08, 2006 7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy the good times, but no excuse to work out dad

July 10, 2006 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home