Thursday, July 06, 2006

Coolangatta to Coolum to Mooloolaba




I’m not making this shit up. Crazy natives and their crazy ass names.

That’s me again (as usual) by a fountain in the back of the Outrigger at Coolangatta. I still have rashes from surfing. And the roo, that’s Joey my neighbour. Walked outside the back of my hotel room to find him peering out of the bushes.

Again, the Hyatt here at Coolum is pretty nuts. Nine pools, nine tennis courts, an Australian PGA golf course and Mount Coolum, a nice hike as you can see. But it’s full of screaming kids everywhere you go. When I went for dinner I asked the server to seat me somewhere away from the kids. Mid meal I had a kid puke his guts out right beside me. Projectile. Impressive. Made me stop eating my lasagna for a bit. One of the other tables looked at me and laughed. “That’s what happens when you feed little kids wine” I said.

Next stop Mooloolaba. Moo-loo-loo-ba. Mooloolaba. Mooloolaba. Lo-lee-tah.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the shot of the roo... awesome... and i'm drinking yellow tail right now !

kurt

July 08, 2006 7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well at least you only stopped eating your lasgna for a bit! Hate for the whole thing to go to waste :)

Leta

July 14, 2006 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home