Saturday, July 01, 2006

Collateral Damage


My contact at the Hyatt Regency Sanctuary Cove was gracious enough to supply me with a bottle of Stony Peak 2005 Shiraz Cabernet upon arrival. Australian Shiraz, my fave! How did you guess? I managed to try it for free a few times at the Regency Club which I had access to for the first time. Basically free breaky and pre-dinner drinks. And a kick ass espresso machine.

The last night of my stay my contact was entertaining some potential clients and I was invited to join them all for a yummy five-star dinner. Collateral damage. The shiraz was flowing like a Vancouver winter rain. I had the wood-oven roasted field mushroom topped with marinated feta and greens (again) and the wood oven beef. I had the wood fired duck last time, wicked, time for something new. It was interesting to see my contact at work. The couple were Canadians now residing in Australia. The woman works for the UN. I asked her about the movie, “The Interpreter” and she said it was quite accurate except that there’s more peeling paint. Rich people are great to get wine tips from. “Anything McClaren Vale or Xanadu” she said. Note to self.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home