Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Breakfast in America


I arrived at the Sheraton Waikiki a half hour before midnight. I was determined to have a Mia Tia at all costs. I really had no idea where I was but my sixth sense for finding good restaurants and bars did not fail me. It lead me to Duke’s. I also had no idea that Duke’s is the best Tiki bar in Honolulu complete with flaming torches, a thatched roof, and huge palm trees. The patio is right on the narrow beach and the waves were coming in almost at my doorstep. And yes my Mia Tia was mighty fine.

In the morning I decided to order room service. Instead of the usual crap I decided to go for the Japanese breakfast. By eight thirty I was eating miso soup, salted broiled salmon, a fish cake, a small omlette, natto beans, ume, daikon, rice, fruikake, half a papaya with lime and green tea on a balcony that overlooked the morning surfers. Breakfast came with a raw egg so I asked the Japenese room service dude what to do with it. He explained that I should mix the mustard into nato beans and then mix in only the egg yolk. After that stir in some soy sauce. The gooey string mess was a little bizarre but not too bad. The rest was fab. $23.50 plus various taxes and delivery charges.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you bastard !

October 19, 2007 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home