Monday, August 06, 2007

What happens in Vegas



I'm just finishing off the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas. When my hotel contact and I were scouting the exterior location I noticed there was a genie lift parked on Fremont street. I jokingly suggested that we get one of those to shoot the exterior. "Do you want one?" asked my contact. Seriously? "Seriously." Sure. It really helped to get a better exterior.

The hotel in newly renovated and the pool area has a 300,000 gallan shark tank with a clear plexiglass water slide that runs through the middle of it. For the panorama, the only way to get the shark tank to fill the frame was to be in the pool about four feet away from the tank. It's a bit freaky having huge sharks check you out while you are in the water at their eye level. My hotel contact is super organized. She even hired a marine biologist to clean the windows of the tank just for the photo shoot.

The slide is a hoot. Best done on an empty stomach.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

woa... what a rad gig !... tres cool !

k

August 08, 2007 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home