Sunday, July 29, 2007

Turnpike Memories



This is the third birthday I have spent on the road with VRX Studios. The first year was in Washington, DC. Last year was in Cairns, Australia and this year was in tropical Amherst, Ohio. Amherst is a truck-stop along the turnpike. It is about an hour away from Cleveland.

I managed to find a fairly decent restaurant in Cleveland and the staff were really laid back and normal. I ate quail at the bar and had some weird bourbon drink with cinammon infused cherries and mulled oranges. And of course a glass of my favourite scotch, Oban. I received some really thoughtful and wonderful e-mails this year which makes me feel really blessed. Really.

The last hotel I shot in Ohio was, again, another truck-stop hotel along the turnpike in the middle of fields of corn. Only $34.95 a night! Quite a change from the Park Hyatt in Zurich I shot last year where my room was worth 350 euros a night. But that is what I love about this job, the contrasts.

Managed to do some body surfing today in Daytona Beach and had dinner at a beach bar. Blackened Mahi Mahi with a shrimp squewer and a lime margeurita. No salt. Okay, I had two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home