Sunday, May 27, 2007

Bellissimo Roma







Burn your guide book to Rome. It is of no use. The entire city is a monument and it is impossible to have a bad meal here. Ema was here and we had a great time together of course. I am enjoying my new routine of walking around aimlessly from piazza to piazza with a quick stop for an espresso of course. Best to wash away the coffee breath with a gelato I say. I had the best piece of pizza in my life yesterday. Fresh tomatoe sauce and basil with buffalo mozzerella. It had the texture of fluffy poached egg whites and the crust had a slight sourdough taste. Amazing. Heaven for three euros. Ciao ciao.

1 Comments:

Blogger swag said...

The great irony about pizza is that it was exported from Napoli to the U.S. long before it ever made it to Roma. Pizza has been around in Rome for only about 30 years or so.

May 27, 2007 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home