Saturday, November 18, 2006

My Last Night in T-Town ... Finally



I'm trying to stay positive and not be a whiner. America has some pretty cool places and people. I sure am glad I'm leaving here and not living here. I'm trying not to be an American basher but it seems like the lower the IQ and the lower the income level in the States the greater the pride is. It's nice to support your country but to plaster your car with a million flags and "support the troops" stickers is a bit much. Bush wants to spend $2.7 trillion dollars next year on "defense". How about fixing the aftermath of Katrina? I'm not the most political person in the world but I can't help but rant about this. It's Americans like these who have never left their state, never mind their country that claim the United States is the greatest country in the world. They believe the fairy tale. They believe the myth. The problem is the neo-conservative cowboy fairy-tale that America is going to save the world from mostly mythical evil "terrorists" is very costly in lives and dollars.

Want to understand the source of these myths? How this whole cowboy "smoke 'em out" philosophy started? My brother Kurt sent me these links to a three part BBC documentary series on You Tube that is fascinating. The series is aptly titled, "The Power of Nightmares".

Power of Nightmares I

Power of Nightmares II

Power of Nightmares III

1 Comments:

Blogger Ema said...

heya you must be home now enjoying life and tons of sushi. this is all I am going to eat when I go home, sushi fest till I get fat!
kisses

November 22, 2006 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home