Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ok in OK




Yesterday there was a line up at the Peace Arch border crossing while I was driving to the Sea-Tac airport. My rental car had Washington plates. A border guard came up to me with the smile of a used car salesman and asked me for a favour. He waved what looked like a towel wrapped in a clear plastic bag and said, "Do you mind if I put this bag of marijuana on your car?" They were training a drug sniffing pooch. "You work for US Customs, right?" I asked. Sergeant Sanders sure did. So I agreed and in the end doggie got his bag of dope. When it comes to helping out on the war on drugs, maybe next time I should just say no?

I had called from the Denver airport to confirm my hotel room at the Tulsa airport Super 8. When I finally showed up at the hotel late at night they gave me a smoking room. I asked for a non-smoking room but as Amber at the front desk said, "We're completely sold out because of the gun and knive show". Luckily I'm always armed with incense and scented candles.

It's freakin' cold here too. My first impression of the people in the midwest is that they all look like they shop at Old Navy. Although some people around here act a little slow, most are instantly friendly and man do they love to talk, and talk, and talk, and talk. Did I mention they love to talk? Well, maybe we could sit down and talk about that? I have yet to see a living tree and I had to go out of my way to find a grocery store to find some food that is not processed, fried, or laquered in sugars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home