Friday, September 15, 2006

Somebody's Gonna Get Whacked





How many rich bakers do you know? Is it possible for the owner of a bakery in Jersey to own a brand new white Lexus SUV, to have perfectly tailored designer clothes and very expensive jewelry? I dunno. Maybe I'm imagining things but I think tonight in the parking lot of Del Buono's bakery I may have just met my first real life mobster. I'm not embelishing here. The other day I drove by this odd bakery with it's bizarre mascots on the roof and thought it would be a great thing to shoot at night. While I was taking the pictures a door opened in the bakery and a guy in a white apron was giving me the evil eye so I tried to ignore him and continue shooting, besides I was standing on a public sidewalk at the time. I decided to move onto the lot for another shot and few moments later the white Lexus shows up. After a few more snaps the driver pulls right up to me and asks me in his Italian New Jersey accent, "wadday doin?" The guy was staring me down trying to read me. "Taking pictures", I said. "For who?" he asked. "For myself", I said. "For yourself?" He was still trying to read me, "alright." Then he drove off. I took a few more snaps. What is it about having a camera that makes you feel somehow invincible? Time to get out of here dumbass. I really wanted to drive down the street to shoot photos of the outside of this weird "gentleman's club", it has a sign that reads, "parking in rear" and I thought that was great. But that's enough excitement for one friday night in Jersey. I don't want to push my luck. The night adds a real edge to this place.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, last September I was in Jamaica, NY and drove around trying to find some place to eat... I, too, ran into some pretty sketchy people. "No place for a white girl!" if you get my meaning!

September 16, 2006 6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like a bizzare experience. Maybe you should carry a gun. Sounds like it would make a good sitcom. Think about it. Esentric blinged out mobster trying to go straight with new life at tacky bakery. Fun for the whole family.
D

September 17, 2006 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home