Monday, March 05, 2007

Lakes Course - Grand National - Opelika Alabama



Today I was lucky enough to get in nine holes in sunny Alabama. But this was no regular golf course. I played the front nine of the Lakes Course at Grand National in Opelika Alabama, one of three Robert Trent Jones designed golf courses. Bobby Jones is still considered the greatest golfer who ever lived (sorry Tiger) and according to him it's the single greatest site for a golf complex he has ever seen. After losing two balls on the first hole I was beginning to wonder why I was paying a steep $75 for this. But things improved and I had some memorable shots and an enjoyable afternoon. It's a very narrow course leaving little margin for error. Too bad my putting sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home