Monday, February 04, 2008

Fairmont Turnberry Isle Miami




The second photo was taken from my balcony this morning at the Fairmont Turnbery Isle in northern Miami.

There are two golf courses complete with water falls. They just finished a $30 million dollar reno on the course. And LPGA event will be here soon. They even have caddies that go around with some of the foursomes. I've been to lots of resorts and lots of golf courses and never seen this before. Seems strange as the golf carts have a GPS with the yardage.

The shoot is going well and I'm busier than usual which explains the grumpy photo of me. Not much free time. Managed to crash for an hour in the sun by the waterfall of one of the pools. Room service is comped so last night I had roasted lamb with buffalo mozzerla and a seared ahi tuna salad with a glass of pino noir. Today I had an angus beef burger, a side of brocolli with a mini fondue and yet another glass of pino noir.

Don't worry. I went for a run in the fitness center and had a late night dip in the outdoor heated pool complete with palm trees and stars. I've been here three days and I've already seen more silicon than Microsoft. With luck I'll find time to go to the driving range.

I've never seen a hotel room with so many ammenities in it yet I had to ask housekeeping for a robe. I have a kettle, bodum, tea infuser, and all the goodies to go into it. The bed is so comfortable as soon as I lie down I cannot move.

There's a nice couch in my living area if someone feels like crashing here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home