Thursday, December 20, 2007

Medewi






Normally when I travel it is very easy to slip into the crowd and be anonymous. Not so in Kuta. As I mentioned before, every five feet someone is calling you over to buy something, “hey Boss. Transport?” No. I don’t need a ride thanks. Once when I was driving by on my scooter a guy called out to me, “hey Boss. Transport?” Transport? Buddy, I’m driving a scooter.

Walking around Kuta at night is interesting. Hookers chase you on their scooters. “Girl? Need girl?” They get quite mad when you tell them no.

Every other day I got a massage. It works out to be about $5 for an hour! Good deal. I tried a new place close to my hotel. Near the end of the treatment the husky woman offered to give me a little extra. And this was one of the classy places!

I thought I would jot down the surfing spots that I have been to; Kuta, Legian, Balangan, Froggy 1 a “secret spot”, Tugu and two spots in Canguu. I also drove my scooter to Dreamland, Serangan, and Sanur but there were no waves. The winds were on-shore, the tide was too low and their were no swells.

I’m back in Kuta for the day. I just spent three days in Medewi. It’s three hours north of Kuta by scooter and not as easy to find as I thought. I caught a few waves but it’s very shallow and you have to be careful navigating your way around the boulders in the water. The hotel was empty in a “Shining” kind of way but some younger people showed up on the last night so that was great. Another massage. She was so brutal I think I need a massage after the massage.

I’m off to the Gili islands tomorrow and plan to stay there until at least Christmas. It’s a tiny white sand island with no cars and no people hassling you. There’s a spot for surfing and it’s know for its snorkeling, diving, restaurants, and bars. A surfer from Hawaii told me it’s also filled with Swedish girls. Sounds to me like a great place to spend Christmas. Happy holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home