Monday, August 03, 2009

Shiner the Special Cosmos

There’s one place in Texas that I have always wanted to go and I finally got the chance. Shiner. Shiner? What the hell’s in Shiner? Shiner is somewhere between Houston and San Antonio and, in my opinion, has the best micro-brewery in the United States. Shiner Bock is by far my favourite American beer, actually it’s the only American beer that I truly enjoy. It was founded by German and Czech immigrants so it tastes similar to the beers that I love from Germany and Scotland. The brewmaster’s name was Kosmos Spoetzl. Like pretzel. His name sounds like an evil genius character from an Austin Powers movie or the daily dinner special at a Bavarian restaurant. It was Saturday and the brewery was closed for tours but I still got four ice-cold free samples. Yummy.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home