Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Vietnam Holiday














I took a twenty-seven hour train ride south from Hanoi in order to go surfing in Mui Ne. Luckily the next morning there were waves! I hadn’t surfed in a while and it took some time to relax and get into it. I had a lot of fun and met some people on the water and spent some time with them, including a kick-ass game of mini golf. The next day the water was flat so I headed up to Nah Trang which is a back packer beach area. If I had more time I would have stayed in Hoi An. Everybody is raving about it.

Besides the surfing and the mini-golf I made a list of the things I enjoyed while in these parts.
- meeting beautiful girls from Sweden, England, Holland, Ireland, Holland, and the Netherlands who thought I was 26 or 27.
- Enjoying the Mud Bath. Kind of like floating in a warm chocolate shake
- Going on an island hopping boat tour with snorkeling, a floating bar in the water, a Vietnamese lunch, and finishing with a visit to a surreal aquarium
- Showing up at the outdoor beach bar with three Swedish girls and the people at the bar looking at me like, “who’s this guy?” ha ha
- Watching Wimbledon in a trendy bar with very loud and horrible disco music
- Picking out the live tiger prawns that I wanted to eat and having them grill it for me
- Trying a jam jar. Local vodka, red bull and OJ. One is enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home