Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dad's 70th Birthday







For my Father's 70th Birthday my brothers and I made my parents a six course meal with four different cocktails (twenty in total) and a gin tasting! Here is the menu ...

Dinner
Edamame
Bruchetta
Gyoza
BBQ'd prawns with a wasabi dipping sauce
BBQ'd veggies
Spicy Jamaican meatballs in a Danish blue cheese sauce

Cocktails
-the soon to be famous "Sonny Margarita"
-Mai Tai's
-The F*#@% Me Over
-The Bloody Finger
-and a few sips of some artisinal gin from a shop called Demijohn in Edinburgh, Scotland

Not a bad start for the evening. But the real surprise occurred when we shuttled them off to the Salt Tasting Room for a five course wine and food tasting with our own somelier! Six wines actually but who'd counting? I forgot about the glass of sherry we had too. I can't remember if we had desert or not? And for some strange reason I forgot my camera at the restaurant. I wonder why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home